business continuity plan
**1. Executive Summary**
- Brief overview of the company and the importance of business continuity planning.
- Summary of the plan's objectives and scope.
- Explanation of what business continuity is and its significance to Breaking Atoms Limited.
- Statement of commitment from senior management.
**3. Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis (BIA)**
- Identify potential risks and threats to the business, such as natural disasters, cybersecurity breaches, supply chain disruptions, etc.
- Conduct a thorough BIA to assess the potential impact of these risks on the company's operations, finances, reputation, and customer base.
**4. Business Continuity Strategies**
- Develop strategies and preventive measures to mitigate identified risks and minimize their impact.
- Establish redundancy and backup mechanisms for critical resources, processes, and data.
- Identify alternate locations for business operations in case the primary site becomes unavailable.
**5. Emergency Response Plan**
- Create a detailed emergency response plan that outlines how the company will respond to different types of incidents.
- Define roles and responsibilities of key personnel during an emergency.
- Establish communication protocols for alerting employees, stakeholders, and customers.
**6. Business Recovery Plan**
- Outline procedures for restoring critical business functions after an incident.
- Establish recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs) for each critical process.
- Identify resources required for recovery, including personnel, technology, and equipment.
**7. IT Disaster Recovery Plan**
- Develop a comprehensive IT disaster recovery plan to ensure data integrity and system availability.
- Back up data regularly and securely offsite.
- Test data recovery processes to validate their effectiveness.
**8. Communication Plan**
- Develop a communication strategy for keeping employees, customers, suppliers, and stakeholders informed during a crisis.
- Establish channels of communication, including email, phone, social media, and a designated crisis hotline.
**9. Training and Awareness**
- Conduct regular training sessions for employees to familiarize them with the business continuity plan and their roles during an emergency.
- Raise awareness of potential risks and the importance of preparedness throughout the organization.
**10. Testing and Exercises**
- Regularly test the effectiveness of the business continuity plan through drills and exercises.
- Identify areas for improvement and update the plan accordingly.
**11. Plan Maintenance**
- Assign responsible personnel to review and update the plan periodically, ensuring it remains relevant and effective.
- Make adjustments based on changes within the organization or external factors.
**12. Plan Activation and Deactivation**
- Define the conditions that trigger the activation of the business continuity plan.
- Outline the process for deactivating the plan once the crisis has been resolved.